Síguenos en Twitter     Síguenos en Facebook     Síguenos en Google+     Síguenos en YouTube     Siguenos en Linkedin     Correo Grupsagessa     Gmail     Yahoo Mail     Dropbox     Instagram     Pinterest     Slack     Google Drive     Reddit     StumbleUpon     Print

SOBRE EL AUTOR **

Mi foto
FACP. Colegio de médicos de Tarragona Nº 4305520 / fgcapriles@gmail.com

WORLD EMERGENCY MEDICINE SOCIETIES

16 BITS OF ANAPHYLAXIS BY DANIEL CABRERA

Buscar en contenido

Contenido:

miércoles, 20 de junio de 2018

Button Battery

Resultado de imagen de life in the fast lane
Life in the Fast Lane - By Neil Long - Last updated June 20, 2018
"Button battery ingestion is one of the leading causes of death in paediatric poisoning and this has sharply risen from 2016 despite manufacturing warnings and the addition of tape to cover the negative side (not very useful once you’ve removed that to place it in your device). See Poison.org for more statistics. What makes button battery ingestion more frightening is the fact that the ingestion may go unwitnessed, the child may have vague symptoms like ‘off food’ and later haematemasis can result from erosion of the battery through the oesophagus and into the thoracic aorta..."
Example Algorithm
(from Dr Litovitz who has been monitoring more than 1100 battery ingestion annually):